No Purchase / Online Entry Necessary
1. Entry: No purchase necessary. You must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible for this contest. To enter
online, complete an official entry form located on the main Contest page. You will be asked to provide your first and
last name, address, and email address. Contest begins June 14, 2000, and ends June 21, 2000, or until ended by GameSpy. To enter by mail, send a 3x5 card on which you have handprinted your first
and last name, address, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address (if available) to:
GameSpy Dead or Alive 2 Giveaway
18002 Skypark Circle
Irvine, California 92614-6429
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY, REGARDLESS OF MEANS OF ENTRY.
No responsibility is assumed by GameSpy Industries for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries
or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Entries will be declared made by the
authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined
as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or
other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for
the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries become the property of GameSpy Industries and will not be returned to entrant. If the potentially winning entry is an Internet or other computer entry, potential
winner may be requested to provide GameSpy Industries with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account
holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
2. Winner Selection: Prize winners will be selected in a series of three random drawings to be held on June 22, 2000. Ten prize packages will be awarded to ten separate winners. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or FedEx within 14 days of selection. If winner is unreachable after
14 days, or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all
remaining eligible entries received.
Three (3) First place winners will each receive One (1) DoA2 baseball cap, One (1) DoA2 t-shirt, One (1) DoA2 poster, and One (1) full retail copy of DoA2.
- Seven (7) Runner-ups will each receive One (1) DoA2 baseball cap, One (1) DoA2 t-shirt, One (1) DoA2 poster, and One (1) promotional demo copy of DoA2.
4. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, who are eighteen (18) years or older at
the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of GameSpy Industries and Sega, their respective parents,
their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not
5. General Conditions: Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the
judging organization which are final on all matters pertaining to Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of the
United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are
the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in
disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Entrants further grant to GameSpy Industries the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and
in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for GameSpy
Industries, and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winners' names and likenesses for advertising
and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and
hold harmless GameSpy Industries, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers,
employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection
with the Contest or any prize won. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
6. Conduct: By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted
at the Contest Site throughout the Contest. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which
shall be final and binding in all respects. GameSpy Industries reserve the right at their sole discretion to
disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or web-site;
to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with
intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL
TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL
LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, GAMESPY INDUSTRIES, INC.E RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY
SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Limitations of Liability: GameSpy Industries are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information,
whether caused by web-site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest
or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. GameSpy Industries
assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or
transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
GameSpy Industries are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or
lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account
of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web-site or combination thereof, including injury
or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading
materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection
by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond
the control of GameSpy Industries which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or
proper conduct of this Contest, GameSpy Industries reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
8. Winners List: The name of the prize winners may be obtained after June 22, 2000 by sending a self-addressed stamped
GameSpy / Dead or Alive 2 Contest Winner's List
18002 Skypark Circle
Irvine, California 92614-6429
9. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY WARRANTED HEREIN, THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED TO WINNERS "AS IS" WITHOUT FURTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. GAMESPY INDUSTRIES DISCLAIMS ALL FURTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE DELIVERABLES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GAMESPY INDUSTRIES BE RESPONSIBLE HEREUNDER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES EVEN IF GAMESPY INDUSTRIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.